Scenario: You’re trying to find a way to structure your sales email.
Contributor: Bryan Kreuzberger, Founder of Breakthrough Email
Many sales emails aren’t clear and don’t get the desired response from a prospect. This problem statement structure is a format you can use so your prospect understands what you are requesting.
Here are the 5 elements of the problem statement structure: (1) Now, (2) But, (3) What, (4) Why, and (5) How.
Problem Statement Structure
- Current situation: What are the facts? What happened?
- But, something changed: What changed?
- The problem: What’s the problem?
- Motivation: Why does the reader care? What’s in it for them?
- How do we fix it: What action do you want them to take?
Here is a sample we used for our email newsletter following this format: